Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Toontown Reunion


On April 4th there will be a 25th Anniversary screening by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences of a digitally restored version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?,  at the Sam Goldwyn Memorial Theatre in Los Angeles. 

There is to be a Q&A afterwards featuring producer Don Hahn, as well as director Robert Zemeckis, actress Joanna Cassidy, actor Charles Fleischer, lead animator Andreas Deja, screenwriter Peter S. Seaman and associate producer Steve Starkey.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was first released in the summer of 1988, and is credited by many for revitalising the medium and ushering in the second Golden Age of Animation. You can buy tickets for the event here.

I wish I could go!

----Alex
 



3 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" was the first video I ever got as a gift. I used to have a Roger figurine too, that I used to draw from different angles. I was a very happy 7/8 year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first film. An amazing experience --- alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should go! There's not going to be another oppurtunity like this again!

    ReplyDelete